Google AdSense is one of the most popular methods to earn money from your Blog or website. In this post, We’ll be discussing How to Add Google Adsense to your WordPress Site or Blog.
Before I explain the steps let me tell you what is Google Adsense – For Beginners
You can easily add Google AdSense to your WordPress site and start making money.
The primary thing you need to do is sign up for your Google AdSense account. You can also use your existing Gmail Account for the Google Adsense.
After creating a google adsense account, You have to wait for receiving an email, telling you whether you have passed the first step of the analysis process, and if you passed it, then you can log in to your Google Adsense account and easily get the code
So these are the following steps to add google adsense to your WordPress site
- Start by clicking on the My ads tab and then click on the New ad unit button.
- In the next new ad screen, and you will be asked to choose an ad type. You can select from “text and display ads”, “In-feed ads” & “In-article ad”.
- You can start with the text and display ads, after that, you need to provide a name for this ad unit and select the ad size, ad type, ad style, and colors.
This name is only for internal purposes, so you can give any name, in my case, Ad Name is the Name of the google ad.
- The next option is choosing the Ad Size. The best sizes are 300×250, 336×280, 728×90, 300×600
- These ads tend to fit on most screen sizes and have the best pay rate as well.
- After that, you will need to choose the Ad type. We recommend both text & display ads.
- After making all the setup, click on save and get code button, A pop will appear with a message “Ad Successfully created” and also gives the Ad code.
Copy your ad code and paste it in any text editor like Notepad or WordPad. You will need it in the next step.
Adding Google AdSense in WordPress Site or Blog
Maximum websites, Ads are usually displayed in the sidebar. So, you can add Google Adsense in your sidebar using WordPress Widgets.
Here are the easy steps to add the Google Adsense Code
- Go to Appearance » Widgets page in your WordPress admin area.
- Add the ‘Custom HTML’ widget to the suitable widget area and paste your Google AdSense code in there.
The ad will automatically be saved and starts appear in your WordPress Sidebar.
Don’t ask your friends or family members to click on your own ads. Google Algorithm is very smart and sharp and knows everything. This can get you penalized from the Google.
So, I hope you liked the article about How to add google adsense to your WordPress site, so don’t forget to share it and follow my Facebook Page for the latest updates.