WordPress itself is a very secure platform. However, it helps to add some extra security and firewall to your site by using a security plugin that enforces a lot of good security practices. WordPress is the most popular and widely used blogging platform, long known to be the No. 1 content management system in use online, has reached a new milestone: It now powers 25 percent of all sites across the web.
As a result of the popularity of WordPress, hackers have taken keen interest in breaking the security of WordPress Operated Sites. In this Article, we'll be discussing best WordPress security plugins that can help reduce the risk of your website being hacked. These security plugins offer several security features to make your WordPress blog secure from known vulnerabilities.
Here is a list of some of the top security plugins that can be used to keep your WordPress site secured:
Best wordpress security plugins:
Wordfence Security – Firewall & Malware Scan
- WordFence is one of the most popular WordPress security plugins with 2 + Million Active installs and 3k + 5 Stars.
- Covers login security, IP blocking, security scanning, and WordPress firewall and monitoring.
- Make your WordPress website 50 times faster and secure.
- Blocks bruteforce attack and can add two factor authentication via SMS, scans your posts and comments for malicious code.
- Wordfence is great for beginners and pro users alike. 🙂
iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)
- iThemes Security is one of the best wordpress security plugin with 9 Lakh + Active installs with 4.7/5 rating.
- Provides you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site.
- Also fixes various common security holes in your website.
- Prevents bruteforce attacks and ban IP addresses which try to bruteforce.
- Integrates Google reCAPTCHA to prevent comment spam on your website.
- Sucuri offers a free plugin that is available in the WordPress repository with 4 Lakh + Active intstalls and 4.5/5 rating.
- Provides various security features like security activity auditing, file integrity monitoring, malware scanning, and website firewall.
- Tracks all activity on your site.
- This is not only for security, it also has a very nice cache feature that keeps your site running smoothly and fast around the globe.
All In One WP Security & Firewall
- A Comprehensive, Easy to use, Stable and well supported WordPress Security Plugin with 6 Lakh + Active installs and 4.8/5 rating.
- Will take your website security to a whole new level.
- Easy to use and understand.
- Reduces security risk by checking for vulnerabilities, and by implementing and enforcing the latest recommended WordPress security practices and technique
- BulletProof Security is another best WordPress security plugin with 90K + Active installs and 4.7/5 rating.
- Secure your WordPress website even further by adding additional BulletProof Security Bonus Custom Code.
- Adds firewall security, database security, login security and more.
- Also optimizes the performance of your website by adding caching.
I hope this article helped you to select best wordpress security plugins.If You liked my Article, Then Please Like my Facebook Page for Latest WordPress Tutorials and Latest Updates. You can also join my Newsletter for latest updates. 🙂