Deleting a Gmail account is a very easy task. you can easily delete Gmail account permanently. In this article, I’ll tell you how to do the same.
After starting the steps of deleting the account, Gmail will ask you to click several times and of course for your password too, for a strict security.
These are the basic and simple steps to delete your Gmail Account:
- Click on Google Account Settings.
- Select Delete your account or services under Account preferences.
- Click Delete Products.
- Select the Gmail account you want to delete.
- Type the password to the account over entering your password.
- Click Next.
- Click the trashcan icon (🗑) next to Gmail.
- Note: Follow the Download Data link for a chance to download a full copy of your Gmail messages via Google Takeout.
- Tip: You can also copy your email to another Gmail account, possibly a new Gmail address.
- Enter an email address different from the address associated with the Gmail account you are closing under entering an email address in the How you’ll sign in to Google dialog box.
Note: Gmail may already have entered the secondary address you used when creating the Gmail account. The alternative email address you enter here becomes your new Google account username.
Also important: Make sure you enter an email address to which you have access. You need the email address to complete deleting your Gmail account.
- Click Send Verification Email.
- Open the email from Google email@example.com with the subject or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”.
- Click on deletion link in the Email.
- If prompted, log in to the Gmail account you are deleting.
- Under Confirm Gmail Deletion Select Yes, I want to delete firstname.lastname@example.org permanently from my Google Account.