Jetpack is one of the most popular plugins in WordPress because it has so many features and Its free. Jetpack is not just a single plugin rather its a kind of complete package of plugins. So, Why move jetpack subscribers to MailChimp or any other email marketing plugin.
Why Move JetPack Subscribers to MailChimp?
Jetpack is fabulous in terms of sending notifications to the jetpack subscribers via email whenever you published a new Post.
When your subscriber’s increases, Jetpack Subscription is not enough to handle all the email campaigns. In that case, You need a real email marketing service provider to build your email list means you will need such a dedicated email marketing Plugins Like MailChimp.
How To Switch from Jetpack Subscriptions to MailChimp?
You will need a list of your email subscribers to switch from JetPack subscriptions to MailChimp, AWeber or any other email service provider.
First, you need to obtain the emails of all your existing subscribers.
- Log into your WordPress site
- And go to JetPack » Site Stats.
- Scroll down to the subscriber’s box at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the blog subscribers
- JetPack will fetch the list of your subscribers.
- There are two lists of subscribers WordPress.com users & Email only subscribers.
Note: You will not be able to see the email addresses of WordPress.com users nor you can export them.
Email only subscribers are those subscribers who joined Jetpack subscription in the JetPack subscription box via Email. You can export these subscribers by clicking on the ‘Download all email-only followers as CSV’ link.
Now, you can import them into any email marketing service you want such as MailChimp.
Most email service providers offer import tools enabling you to upload a CSV file including your subscriber’s information.
Steps to import your Jetpack Subscribers into MailChimp:
- Login to your MailChimp account
- Click on Lists
- On the lists page, there is a drop-down arrow next to your list name.
- Clicking on the arrow and then click on Import.
- On the import page, you will see many different apps you can import from. The first option in the list is to import from a CSV or Text file.
- Next, you need to simply upload the CSV file you downloaded earlier. That’s all.
After that, MailChimp will automatically fetch all the email addresses and add them as subscribers to your email list.
If you want to import Jetpack Subscribers to the other email marketing service providers, the method is similar for AWeber, MadMimi.
These are very easy steps to switch from jetpack subscriptions to MailChimp.
We hope this article helped you move from JetPack Subscription to MailChimp. Don’t forget to share it. You can subscribe to my Newsletter for instant updates. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter.